Reduce Your Account Receivable Balances
"Now, that SMB Medical Billing is working for me, I am collecting from the insurance companies and CMS what they righfully owe me for my services." - Current SMB Client Unsolicited Testimonials
Information - click bar below to open
Dedicated A/R Department
- SMB Never Writes-off a Claim without Your prior Approval
- SMB's record setting A/R results of 3% after 90 days and 1% after 120 days. What this means is, your money is in your pocket not the payors' pockets.
- Each claim is monitored daily - What this means is fewer days of outstanding A/R, something banks really love.
- Quick turn around of claim paperwork between - primary, secondary, tertiary payors and patient billing - What this means is, no money is "left on the table" and thus in your pocket.
- Help Desk specifically trained to work with older Medicare Patients - What this means is, the older patient will understand your statement, not fight you.
- All workers are in United States - What this means is, the people who are working the outstanding A/R understand and can communicate with payors to resolve issues quicker.
Quickly Process Claims
- Paperwork immediately turned around
- Provides Quick and Secure Communications
- Claims Electronically submitted
- EOBs Electronically processed
Podiatry Billing Expertise
- Prior to entry, an expert human, not a machine, review each and every claim
- All of SMB's employees are US citizens and located in the US
- Knowing the correct Diagnoses for Each Procedure
- Understanding each Payors' unique Claim Requirements
- Mastered the Use of Modifiers
- Knowing How the Order of Procedures listed in a Claim Effects Reimbursement Rates
- Knowing How the Order of Diagnosis in a Claim Affects Reimbursement Rates
- In-depth experience Submitting Claims that Prevent Bundling
- Experts at maximizing reimbursements for surgical procedures
- Understanding the complex role of claim documentation
- Minimizes the risk of Payors' "Losing" Claims
- Experts in getting Problems quickly solved with Payors and Clearing Houses
- Critical refinement of podiatry knowledge base enhanced by SMB's work with over 200 practices
Why SMB Medical Billing?
SMB Medical Billing only does Podiatry Medical Billing
Nothing else. This is important because it forces SMB to focus on and do one thing very well. SMB is never distracted by other types of doctors or lines of business. Others will try to convince you that they obtain additional operating efficiency by handling other types of doctors and businesses, but all it does is distract them from doing the best job they could do for you.
You have your own Personal Biller
Your personal biller gets to know, understand and learn how to work closely with you and your office staff. You do not have to explain who you are each time you contact SMB. Your personal biller has an invested interest in your success. Thus, your biller is diligently protecting your interests. And your biller is always searching for ways to increase your revenue of which they would advise you.
Humans can never be replaced in the medical reimbursement cycle
Many have tried, and all have failed. This is true for two reasons:
- Payors are constantly changing their reimbursement rules. Not only by plan and procedure, but also by individual areas of the country and individual patients. Why? To keep the medical practice from maximizing their reimbursements. To program and keep these rules updated in a timely fashion has been tried often, but all have failed. It is not enough to understand the reimbursement rules of a payor/procedure code, you must also allow for variations by location, patient, etc. Only human billers, who are focused and have a personal interest in maximizing the reimbursements for a Doctor, have shown to be consistently capable of being successful at this over time.
- SMB's in-depth experience in Podiatry Medical Billing has found that each Podiatry Practice is unique and has its own special requirements. Computer programs cannot allow for this variation in a Practice's method of operations and philosophy. Thus, without the human biller involved, the Practice suffers.
These links explain the results on which SMB's Clients rely on SMB:
About SMB Medical Billing
- We have been in business since the summer of 2001.
- Our staff has over 175 years of direct podiatry account receivable experience.
- We are a private, family-owned and operated business.
- Our future depends on the strength of our word, our great working relationships with your office staff and our work performance.
- We are currently servicing over 200 podiatry practices in all CMS regions and States.
SMB handles all aspects of your Medical Billing and Account Receivable business processes. From the time the Doctor fills out the Encounter forms to the time the reimbursements are in the Practice's bank account. SMB increases reimbursements without increasing the Doctor's or office staff's workloads. SMB gets you paid faster. SMB removes your hassles - arguing with insurance companies, explaining bills to patients and minimizing office politics.
- Podiatry-only Billing
- Experts in all CMS Regions and States
- All claims are reviewed by Human expert podiatry billers before the claims are submitted to the clearinghouse
- All of SMB's employees are citizens of the USA and located in the Continental US
- Over 200 podiatry clients
- Over 350 Providers
- SMB's SimplyPodiatry™ Practice Management (PM) is available to Clients at no extra cost
- SimplyPodiatry™ Scheduler Included
- 24/7 access to all of your Billing, Patient & Scheduling information
- HIPAA Compliant
- SimplyPodiatry™ is ICD-10 compliant
How to take advantage of SMB Medical Billing Servces
Review SMB's rates to assure yourself that they are fair
Get your questions about SMB answered:
- Call Chad at +1-888-874-5503 (toll-free)
- Click here for a form to ask Chad-->QUESTION FORM
- Fax Chad at +1-800-913-3909 (toll-free) your question
Read, sign and fax SMB's agreement to Chad at +1-800-913-3909 (toll-free)
Results Achieved by SMB's Clients - click bar below to open
Eliminate the Stress of:
- Cash Flow Worries
- Profitability Needs
- Loan Payments
- Angry & Confused Patients
- Underpaid Employees
- Dealing with Payors who will not Pay what is Rightfully Yours
- Claims Arbitrary Written-off
Increase Resouces for:
- Eliminate Money Worries
- Upgrade Practice
- Easier to get Bank Loans
- Add Personnel
- Increase Profit
- Expand Practice
- Pay Employees More
- Increase Value of Practice
Improve Patient Relations
- by Quickly "Clearing the Books"
- by Quickly Solving Outstanding Questions
- by Reducing Paperwork that Confuses Older Medicare Patients
- Situation: A Doctor and the Office Manager, Podiatry Practice
- Critical Issue: The large amount of money the Practice had tied up in account receivables of over 90 days was unacceptable.
- Reasons: The Practice's government and insurance payors as well as patients were not promptly paying the Practice. The reasons for this were many and varied. They included: the Practice had trouble routinely and consistently contacting the payors; the Practice was at a severe disadvantage when trying to aggressively negotiate with the payors on disputed EOBs; errors that creep into the system were not discovered for 90 days or longer; etc.
- Capabilities: The Doctor and the Office Manager said that they need a service that tracked the status of all reimbursements within their account receivables and take immediate action if the process for payment to the Practice stalled at any point.
- SMB Provided: SMB provides the Doctor and the Office Manager these capabilities.
- Results: SMB has reduced the Practice's outstanding 90 day account receivables balance to less than 3% of the Practice's total reimbursements.